The Impact of the Coronavirus on the UK Retail and Leisure Industry
Insight on the unfolding COVID-19 pandemic within the retail & leisure sector
Download your free pdf copy of this report series, includes sentiment survey and access to our industry report. Complete the form opposite.
Our COVID-19 Service
Retail Economics conducts extensive research and analysis on the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) on the UK retail and leisure industry. Our service consists of frequent, timely analysis and updates in a variety of formats so you can absorb the information quickly in a way that best suits you.
Retailers (and retail related industries) integrate key findings and insights from our proprietary research into their response strategies to the COVID-19 crisis which enables them to make more informed – and timely – decisions which helps them manage the associated risks and to plan ahead.
This service incorporates many dynamic components and explores relevant issues in an adaptive manner, responding to real events as they unfold and as consumer behaviour evolves.
What you getThe Retail Economics COVID-19 Service comprises five main components:
1. Impact assessment reports for UK retail and leisureThese reports provide an in-depth analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the UK retail and leisure industry including consumer panel surveys, economics analysis, forecasts and other insights.
2. COVID-19 Quick ResponseGet the latest updates from retailers and the wider industry on the impact of COVID-19 as an when it happens - delivered directly to your inbox.
3. Consumer panel researchFor the critical duration, we conduct fortnightly surveys using a panel of over 2,000 households to measure: 1) Behavioural shifts 2) Confidence 3) Sentiment These extensive surveys have proved to be a very accurate indicator of future trading vulnerabilities for the industry.
4. Weekly newsletterEvery week we produce a summary of all the ‘need-to-know facts and stats’ related to the impact of coronavirus on the retail and leisure industry broken down by sector (e.g. clothing & footwear, food, home and more) and by channel.
5. Economic chartbookProduced weekly, a summary of all the critical macroeconomic data and trends in an easily digestible chartbook format. Ideal for identifying trends.
Help answer key questionsUsing proprietary research provides a deeper understanding of the key issues and questions, giving you quantitative answers to typical questions such as:
- How is the COVID-19 affecting sector X compared to sector Y?
- Where should I focus my resources to better manage the risks for this particular channel?
- What level of threat do UK consumers think the coronavirus currently poses to health in the UK?
- What type of actions are consumers taking to protect themselves from the coronavirus?
- What types of products are consumers stockpiling?
- How is the online channel behaving as a result of the coronavirus?